Thursday, 24 September 2015
Have I forgot to write about last competence area essay?
Yes, I was supposed to write about it three months ago.. Spring time our topic was Guidance of learning. I wrote my essay about Guidance of learning to learn. As I did my PTT in Mustiala in the spring I started to think about the basic lifelong learning skills, reading and writing. How can I as a teacher guide students to learn to learn. Reading and writing are just one tool for learning. I was a little surprised that students in higher level of education lack a competence for example in writing a simple essay. Although I thought I gave clear instructions about the learning tasks related to my course, I got back unstructured short reports without their own opinions or reflections for the topic. So in my own competence essay I was trying to find some useful tools to guide students. My own writing is getting better and now I maybe know something about my problems in it. I still have problems in structuring text, use of headings and how to define my subject. But this time I was pretty satisfied for my essay and I got positive feedback from it. I also noticed while reading the reference material that there is a huge difference between the teacher and a student in how they understand scientific writing. Also a huge responsibility for a teacher who is guiding for example a thesis work. But good that I got time to read about it. I learned a lot last spring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment