Sunday, 22 November 2015

Last essay and so on..

The last competence area is operational environment which means the networks around education and where the teacher is working. I picked as my essay topic Operational environments around practical training. My own vocational studies were that long ago that there weren't skills demonstrations as they are now, after the training period. But I was aware a little how things are done today since I've worked beside many young people doing their training during recent years. And basicly the training hasn't changed that much. Now it's done in shorter periods comparing to my times the training period was the whole summer. And we got paid for it. It wasn't that planned those days as it is now. The teacher didn't guide us so much, if I remember correctly my tutor-teacher wasn't visiting in my practice place, but then again, the farm that I was working had been guiding many practicants before me.

Once again writing an essay was a tough job. There was actually two weeks of time to complete the whole thing, which wasn't nearly enough of what I needed. Again, I felt lost with the subject, what's a good topic, where do i find the material and so on. It seems that reading the material takes way too much time. Like every time we've had an essay to write I was panicking that I'm not going to get through with this and I don't have a slightest clue about the subject until the last minute. And then it's already a little late to be able to write a good essay. But I wrote one, not a good one, but it's done. I think that I learn the things only after I've read also the essays of the others. For me it's impossible to learn something only by reading from books. When I read also the essays of my peer group members, there are so many aspects about the same subjects that I slowly start to understand the matter. And it was a good thing that we didn't have to make any presentation and we could comment on each others writings in Moodle. Reading other peoples comments and comparing them to my own opinions was very useful. It's different than when we comment on presentations in classroom. There is only the writing, not the presentation that you comment.

The last contact day is already past. It was very interesting to here about other students PTTs. And Rohit's RPL presentation from chemistry was interesting. Why wasn't my chemistry teacher like that in school.? And it was comfortable to here that also others have had the same problems during this education, although they have much more work experience than I have. Despite of different backgrounds we are all same kind.  

All in all I think I have reached my goals for this teacher education: To be competent enough to even try to apply a job around education.

No comments:

Post a Comment