Wednesday, 1 October 2014

So I'm learning to teach

Wow.
I got into the teaching school. After first contact days I 'm still exited and still things don't seem too difficult.  The group is awesome. It will be very inspiring to study with different people with different backrounds. Everyone seem to be more experienced then me in the matter of education and teaching. Well maybe I can give something to them also, but I'm sure I'll be learning a lot from my "classmates".  That's how I thought after the first contact days.

Now the real work has started.
I allways thought that I'm good in english language and that I'll manage to study in english as well as in finnish. Yes I can, but reading scientific text in english about the field (education sciences) that I know nothing about whatsoever, is challenging. When I was studying in Mustiala 2001-2005, I was reading about topics that were already very familiar to me. Horses, to wich I've lived for my whole life. I started riding at the age of four.

I'm also very very bad at searching information. And I'm slow at using computer. Well I'm good at talking, telling stories and writing! Aren't they good skills at teaching too?

I'm a little bit worried if I can study enough without schedules in my day. I do everything in the last minute. That's how I managed before, did my homework in the bus on the way to school!

Examining world views and values   
 
So whole knew terms to learn and get in to my head. Ok, now I know the basics, at least what are they talking about. In our town library there was nothing in english about this section. But I read something in finnish and the rest from internet.

I've always thought that I'm open minded with cultural differences and stuff like that. I mean that I have friends from all over the world and so on.  My classmates seem to be really open minded and capable in communicating with different people. But where I was working before, there were people from various different countries. They weren't always so co-operative, for example if there was something to correct about in their work, they said the supervisor was a rasist. How can I be prepared if this happens to me in worklife later?



No comments:

Post a Comment