The aim of the assignment is that you develop your pedagogical competence by deepening your theoretical, practical and self-regulative knowledge about assessment.
- Design the objective of your own assignment – What kind of things you like to focus on? What could be useful for you – and also for your practical teacher training? The idea is that you learn something new and interesting about assessment. You can for example concentrate on assessment methods, peer assessment, self-assessment, using digital tools in assessment or you can investigate how students can create evidence of their competences in an innovative way. Use the ideas ( and material) brought up in contact day 13.2.2015.
- Design the ways you learn: Do you need to read and explore about assessment ( see you books in this course or find new material from the net)? Do you have the possibility to try new methods in practice? Do you need to interview somebody? Etc.
- Present your learning outcomes in your personal blog ( in your personal way) by 11.3.2015. Remember to write what were your references ( links to nice material in the web for the others also). Please elaborate: What did you learn? How did you learn? What was most meaningful findings for yourself?
Question 2. I have read and watched videos about assessment but it seems that assessment is always just a small part of book, guides and other material related to teaching. But in real life it is not! Everything has to do with assessment criteria. I think that this is possible to learn properly only by doing and failing several times.Here's some material I've been reading:
https://www.avoin.helsinki.fi/opettajille/arviointi.htm
http://www15.uta.fi/arkisto/verkkotutor/arviointi.htm
http://ftpmirror.your.org/pub/wikimedia/images/wikiversity/fi/9/9d/Oppimisenarviointimenetelmat.pdf
Question 3. Read again parts 1. and 2.
Back to question 1. As I'm starting my PTT next week I probably should learn to make assessment criteria for the course before that. So my objective will be creating assessment criteria for the course Equine Sports. Grading is done by numbers 1 to 5. (Why do we need number in the first place? I don't think anybody looks at them after graduating.)
Learning targets for the course: The student can define the types of equine sports, competition systems and requirements of horse material and framework for equine sports in Finland and plan and organize a horse event in a safe manner.
There will not be a final exam but I will give the students two learning assignments to do which they will present in the classroom. Plus the tasks we will do in class. continue..
No comments:
Post a Comment